19 June 2007

Panda Bear & Rusty Santos

After a decent walk, we found the Bowery Ballroom and had no hassles with our e-tickets. I ordered a vodka lemonade, was informed that I actually meant 'vodka sprite' and was then given one of those wretched vodka drinks that tastes, like, well, I dunno, gross vodka.

We missed the first support - Avey Tare's wife and former Múm member, Kria Brekken.

Second support was Rusty Santos who helped out on Animal Collective's Sung Tongs and Panda Bear's Person Pitch. I really enjoyed his set. Lots of vox distortion. Can't really explain it, though.


Half an hour later, Noah Lennox (Panda Bear) came on. Just him, his voice, his desk of knobs and projected backdrop. It wasn't really what I expected, though I'm more familiar with Young Prayer than Person Pitch. It was a good show, but I have to admit I preferred Rusty Santos.