27 June 2007

Brooklyn Botanic Gardens

We picked a bad day to go to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. It was the hottest day since our arrival so spending it in the sun didn't prove fun.

The garden was quite large, with specific sections. Shakespeare garden, Fragrance Garden, Cherry Esplanade, Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, Bonsai Greenhouse etc etc.

It was pretty disappointing to be quite honest. I wanted to see pretty flowers, but all the pretty flowers were dead. I still haven't tired of seeing squirrels and there were still some really nice spots that I would have liked to have taken the time to sit down and enjoy.

All but two of the photos I took are on my digicam and the usb cable hasn't arrived.

This was on celebrity path, containing the names of Brooklyn-born and Brooklyn-'flourished' celebrities. This was my favourite. There were a lot of more credible celebrities which I ignored.

This is the Japanese Garden.


I will probably add more photos to this blog when I can.