15 June 2007

LA --> NY Blog (Bitter Aftertaste)

Getting through customs/security at LAX was surprisingly easy but also stressful as we had 1.5 hrs to get from one plane to the next (inc. immigration, baggage pick-up, customs, baggage check-in & finding the right terminal/gate).

It all went through quicker than expected and we were happy campers until a very friendly big black American gave us directions to our terminal and then forcefully asked for money. Being in a foreign airport in a foreign country I start to get in the mindframe of abiding by intimidating men in security outfits and in my haste to make our plane I unwillingly donated to some fuckwit conservative christian Americans*. Probably in my bottom 10 list of organisations to donate to.

Yes, I'm weak. It's a flaw. I'll admit.

Oh, and LAX is absolutely shithouse. Worst. Airport. Eva.

P.S. I have a copy of the New York Times. US$1 + 8.25% GST

* 'fuckwit conservative' was my own assumption.