24 June 2007

Bar Hopping in East Village / Lower East Side

We had a couple of hours to spare between a art/toy release 'party' we went to and a gig later that night. Suze and I decided to go random bar hopping and came across some interesting places.

The most notable was a place called 'Mars Bar'. Hands down the most dingy, dirty bar I've been in.


We came across an Australian eatery (but didn't go in). On the menu was a 'Chook Sanga' (that's a Chicken Sandwhich in case you aren't versed in Australian).

In another bar we noticed the bar guy had a funny accent. And that that funny accent was Australian. Now, given that I've spent 21 years around Australian accents I wouldn't have thought it'd be so noticeable. He sounded like Mick Dundee and I just don't understand it. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that that's how we sound to others. Gawd.