06 July 2007

Who needs a Kwik-E-Mart?

A long, long time ago I mentioned that 7-11 were negotiating a deal with the promoters of the Simpsons Movie to turn 11 7-11s across the United States into Kwik-E-Marts. Well I hadn't heard about it again until very recently when the transitions happened. And (as expected) one of the stores was in NYC on 42nd St so we made it our day trip to go there.


These posters were on the door outside:


And there were 'life size' plastic cut outs of the characters:






(I don't think the real Kwik-E-Mart has these characters in them, but I forgive)

And of course KrustyOs:



and Squishess:



And this:


BUT NO BUZZ COLA!!!!

I spoke to the manager and he said they'd sold out and more was coming. Hopefully I can still get some.

Oh, and here is what my bowl of KrustyOs looks like:


Yes, they look, smell and taste like fruit loops (oh, and I quite like fruit loops).