11 July 2007

Pool Party #3

So we went to yet another free Sunday afternoon pool party. I was really looking forward to this one as my new found music love, Dan Deacon, was playing. I got there fairly early, grabbed by third soy dog and found a nice (warm) spot in the shade. And then Dan Deacon.

Dan plays his shows on the ground i.e. in the audience. Half the crowd were down there surrounding him (with probably about 2% able to see anything) and the other half were on the outskirts hanging around the mist blowers, beer tents, food and shade. We were in the latter half. As much as I enjoy his music it wasn't worth standing in direct sun, in a crowd and still not being able to see anything for. Throughout the show he regularly referred to our 'half' as the 'flickr zone'. Ouch!

So, anyway, his set was short and didn't live up to expectations. He did some sort of dancing competition but, again, we couldn't see anything. I think in a more intimate venue (which he played later that night, but I was unable to go to) he'd be much, much better.

Our view:



Some photographer's view:






Then some other band, Erase Errata, came on and Suze nor I were interested so we went home for a much needed, short rest.