04 July 2007

Fiery Furnaces @ Studio B

After the Man Man show, we headed home, showered, drank and then went back to Greenpoint to see the Fiery Furnaces.

The door bitch, upon viewing my driver's license, told us that she was from Brisbane. (This story doesn't really go anywhere).

I don't know who the support was...something something dios. Didn't take a lot of notice. They were 'nice' and 'inoffensive' and probably quite likable if I gave them attention...


...instead of cam whoring with susan.


So then the Fiery Furnaces played. And I was really looking forward to them because they are a very fantastic band and cut the mustard live. Studio B was a medium sized venue, probably similar to The Zoo and it was mostly full without being packed and still very easy to get a good spot and a great view.

For the uninitiated the FF play their live sets as meledys and dramatically change the songs. It's standard for them to play for 45minutes without stopping. And this set was no different, first was 35 minutes of the highlights from Bitter Tea. The second half was older songs from Blueberry Boat, Gallowbird's Bark and EP (and some songs of the new album). This is the third time I've seen this band and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to do it many times again.




I was quite drunk and went to thank Eleanor after the show. It was very awkward. "Oh...hi...umm....I'm Eleanor". *james runs away*.

Oh, and if anyone would like to explain why Shrek and Homer are on the Fiery Furnaces' tour shirts, I'd appreciate that.