13 July 2007

Art Brut

Had tickets to see Art Brut. Except I didn't actually 'have' tickets. They were 'will call' (where your ticket's on the door)...or so I thought. When I got there, my ticket wasn't there. After a short walk (trying to find an internet cafe) I remembered they were actually 'print out and bring' tickets...i'd printed out but not brought...oops. The ticketmaster guy was cool: 'i'll just get my manager and he can access the system and sort it out'. Yay! But no :( Manager: 'Unfortunately...blah blah...new policy...you didn't print yr tickets out...blah..*stern look*'. So then the other guy was nice enough to search the internets to find the nearest internet cafe (about 15 blocks away) to print my tickets out.

So I went for a walk from Chelsea through East Village, which was kinda nice, found the internet cafe with the no-speak-much-English lady, printed out my ticket and walked back. I got back just as support band White Rabbits were finishing. Was kinda glad about that as I was sure I was going to hate them.

So Art Brut came on. They were pretty great. I'm not sure why I like them (ironic and hilarious lyrics are not enough). But I do, a lot. And they were great live. Both musically and showmanshiply. The show was full of underage girls (which is legal in this state). Ugh.


Here's some pics: