10 July 2007

Flea Markets & Non-Free Pool Gig

On this hot day we decided to check out some markets in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea. The first was outside and I don't cope well with the sun, so I had a quick look (bought a belt) and then had a mango sorbet in the shade followed by a piece of 99c pizza. Ninety-Nine cents!!!

So then we caught a special shuttle bus between that and another market. This one was full of antiques and old things. Old things are nice and all but the idea of owning that stuff is like a nightmare for me. So I had some looks and then left Suze to sort through the tables and tables of stuff while I went to yet another, more commerical market and ate food.

When we got home I checked the time for the gig we had that day that Suze thought was about 7.30pm but it was actually 5pm (and it was 5.30pm at the time). So we scooted down to the McCarren pool to find an 80m line to get in. Grrr. The line took about 40minutes.

By the time we got in Cat Power just came on meaning we'd missed support Built to Spill (or so we thought). I wasn't familiar with Cat Power but really enjoyed her set minus her terrible between-song banter. After she finished everying seemed to stay so we did too only to find that we had the band order wrong and hadn't missed Built to Spill. So we watched that, it was okay, and then went home for a much-needed rest.