11 July 2007

Bar Hopping in Williamsburg

So after the Cat Power gig we decided to head out in our home suburb. Something we hadn't actually done yet. We made a list of places to go with addresses and then headed off. We went to 5 bars (and unsuccessfully tried to find one). They were okay. But kinda boring. "People don't dance no more, they just stand there like this" (The Rapture).

The highlight of the night was the two bars that provided a whole cheese pizza free with every drink purchased. At the first place we ate three slices between us and gave the rest away. At the second we devoured the whole thing in a bit of a 'where the fuck did all the pizza go' moment.



Oh, and I played some sort of touch-screen game. At first I thought it was some funtastic form of gambling. But it wasn't. It was just silly games like crosswords. And that was a stupid thought because gambling is illegal in New York State.



On the way home we were in the same area where we'd previously seen the movie set and so I tried to find the location again. Instead we came across an abandoned carinval. Which in my drunken haze was a little spooky. It felt like I was in an R.L. Stine choose your own adventure novel. I chose to take quite a few photos and then scoot home.








Oh and I should mention that the Empire State Building changed color to commemorate Live Earth: