10 July 2007

Fujiya & Miyagi & Black Moth Super Rainbow

This free gig was part of the River to River festival which happens over summer. It was a great spot (on a pier) for a gig.


Black Moth Super Rainbow were enjoyable. Lots of nice noise and distorted vocals. Seemed like an odd choice for for a gig so close to many middle-class restaurants. But I guess that's just NYC for ya.



And then Fujiya & Miyagi played. I've listened to their album well over 50 times since I got it so was quite looking forward to the gig. It was good. What I expected, nothing more nothing less. My only gripe was the group nearby shaking a fucking tamborine and blowing a whistle for the sole purpose of shitting people off. From what I gathered he was annoyed because he coudln't busk in the area due to the gig.