13 April 2007

Tortoise w/ Four Tet & Steve Reid @ Webster Hall

While sitting here waiting for Wilco tickets to go on sale at the ghastly hour of 2am, I decided to download and check out some Tortoise who are playing on July 8th at Webster Hall.

Tortoise are a band I've known about for four years and have been vaguely meaning to explore. But haven't. Anyway, I liked what I heard, and Suze was keen and I'm now the proud owner of two virtual tickets ('Will Call' tickets according to American lingo) to this gig.

From what I've read Webster Hall is a popular venue for live acts but isn't a favourable choice for punters. Though, a few comments from some NYC tastsemakers hasn't put me off.

The gig is being supported by Four Tet, aka Kieran Hebden, in collaboration with Steve Reid, an American jazz dummer, who has played with the likes of Miles Davis, James Brown and Sun Ra. Yay!