10 April 2007

Free Television Gig

Two weeks ago, brooklynvegan reported that highly-respected, NY-based, protopunk band Television would be playing a FREE show at Central Park on June 15th as part of the Summerstage concerts. While this excited me, it was cutting it a little fine given that we touchdown at JFK Airport at 5.20pm that evening.

In a stroke of luck, the concert has been rescheduled for June 16th, giving us just the right amount of time to locate and settle into our apartment, come to terms with the fact that we're in NYC and hopefully recover from my virgin jetlag.

The band will be supported by Apples in Stereo (who I've heard of, but not heard) and Dragons of Zynth (who I've not heard of nor heard).

Hopes aren't soaring yet though, as no official announcement has been made and I have no idea how the ticket allocation, if any, would work.