05 February 2008

So then we went House Hunting!

I didn't really recover from my sickness/exhaustion as well as I'd hoped, but fucked if I was staying in the house any longer than 3 days.

So we went out drinking in the infamous Camden. First to The World's End which is an absolute maze of a pub/club. It's advisable to take a rucksuck of basic supplies if you want to venture to the toilet because you may not make it back otherwise. And then we moved onto The Cuban Bar, which, disappointingly, lived up to it's name with live Cuban music. Not mah thang.

Anyway on Saturday Laura, Charissa, Monica and I had the exciting (well, atleast for me) task of viewing potential rental properties. Two houses, both in Finsbury Park. Both were pretty good, although one a tad expensive and by the time we got in contact with the agent about the other it was gone *sad*. I think we're in some sort of negotions for the more expensive one and still looking, maybe at a cheap place much closer to the city in Islington. Fingers crossed. I'm really excited about having my own little pad in London.

On Sunday I rested and blogged a little more before heading out for a Bangladeshi (sp?) dinner in Brick Lane. It was pretty shit. Tasteless and I was grumpy. And FFS would restaurants please stop using supermarket-style frozen chopped vegetables in dishes. It's not cool.

Oh, and one other thing I wanted to mention, on Monday night I went shopping on Oxford St and am now the proud owner of my first coat. I heart it but still feel reall awkward wearing it. Was only £10 pound too. Bargain Hunter! Got a scarf and beanie/cap thing too. I'm totally a winter person now.