05 June 2008

Last Job Hunting Update

I haven't blogged for a while. This is because all I've really needed to write about was my job hunting and I didn't want the details of that out in the public space, but now it's all over!

I start at 9.30pm Monday 9th June at Imagination Technologies. I originally rejected their offer but started negotiating and ended up accepting another offer. And boy does it feel good to have the process over and done with.

In this position I'll be writing simulators to test the latest low-power graphics chips developed by Img Tec which are licensed out to chip manufacturers (such as Texas Instruments, Samsung, Intel) who then produce chips which find themselves in products such as higher-end phones like the Nokia N95 and Apple's iPhone.

I've definitely learnt a lot from the four job interviews I've attended. Job interviews are hard work. Not only did I have to perform quickly in response to hours technical questions and problem-solving questions but also mentally 'repackage' myself to suit each position. It's bloody hard work.

I looked forward to my bank balance increase for once.